Monday, April 23, 2012

Easy wonton soup or why I love the Chinese grocery store


Today I was at my local shops and popped into the local Chinese grocery. I love it there because it has different foods and lots of things we use day to day like vermicelli noodles, 2 minute noodles, Asian sauces and even some sweet treats at great prices.

I was thinking about making some soup so I had a look in the freezer cabinet and found some great little wontons. Two little containers for $6 was a bargain so i grabbed them and with 5 ingredients made a yummy wonton soup.

Easy wonton soup
1 container of chicken wontons
1 container chicken consomme
1 pack 2 minute/ramen noodles (minus seasoning)
1 bunch baby bok choy washed and chopped
soy sauce

1. Bring consomme, soy sauce and 2 cups water to the boil.
2. Add wontons and cook for 6 minutes.
3. Add 2 minute noodles cook 1 minute. Add bok choy and cook 1 minute.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment