This poor blog - so neglected. So unloved.
This last week I made this very yummy very cheaty apple tart. I didn't get a picture but it was super yummy and very easy so I thought I'd share it anyway.
I adapted it from a recipe I saw on a cooking show. The lovely chef on that show made her own pastry and her own apple sauce from scratch. I did not.
Four Ingredient Apple Tart (or 5 if you count water)
1 pie shell or you could use a sheet of shortcrust pastry moulded into a pie shell
1 apple sauce
3 apples - peeled andsliced (I sliced mine in the food processor so it took about 2 minutes)
2 tablespoons Apricot Jam
1. Bake the pie shell as per the instructions.
2. Cover the base with about an inch of apple sauce
3. Arrange sliced apples attractively on top.
4. Bake till browned...about 30-35 minutes.
5. Meanwhile combine apricot jam with a tablespoon of water in a small saucepan stirring until melted.
6. Brush jam over top of pie for a nice sheen.