Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cake batter donuts - a pinterest recipe

I used to have a pretty lethal donut addiction. When I turned 21 I was given no less than four dozen donuts from Annie's in Bathurst (where I went to Uni) for my birthday. Clearly my friends knew me well and I did share don't worry.

I was an RA at college and my apartment on campus had the coffee flowing and the donuts on tap. They were my naughty addiction. Everytime I walked down the hill into town I came back with donuts. Those were the days when I could eat anything and it had no impact on my body or my health.

These days I don't actually eat desserts or cakes or for the most part sugar -so they are a rare treat.

On Pinterest I have noticed several recipes for cake batter donuts and then I noticed in the Mother's Day Avon catalogue (which I get from a friend each month) there was a mini donut tin. It felt like the universe was speaking to me.

I got my donut pan yesterday and made these donuts yesterday:
http://forkfulofcomfort.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/cake-batter-doughnuts.html



When they were done we tossed the first ones in cinnamon and sugar like the local donut shops.


The final batch I added rainbow chocolate sprinkles so they were a tad chocolatey.



My daughter took the remains in her lunchbox today and declared them a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment