- taking my daughter to three high school open days in a week
- finding all the paperwork for high school applications
- a day of freezer cooking
- my camera deciding to play up
- my computer hard-drive giving up the ghost
- my husband helpfully misplacing his camera that I took back-up photos on
My freezer cooking day last week was a big effort but has made the past week's abundant crazy so much easier. So far we've eaten a gnocchi bake, a meatloaf, twice baked potato and sweet potato crumble from the day.
I think I mentioned before that I don't do all chicken dishes or all pasta dishes because that's just not what we like to eat or how we eat so I do a big mish-mash of things. I know that doesn't work for everyone but for us a freezer full of chicken won't help because we don't want to eat that every night for two weeks. Here is what I finished up with:
- meatloaves x 2
- sweet potato crumble x 2
- twice baked potato x 3 serves for us
- lamb and mushroom pie filling
- gnocchi bake
- zucchini slice
- potato soup
I definitely need to do another batch of baked goods. My daughter made the ever simple lemonade scones on the weekend. These are a super easy thing for kids to make.
Carrots were on sale this week so I can see banana carrot cake and hummingbird cakes on the horizon.
Anyway, hopefully the hiccups have ended and I can get back to blogging in earnest again.