Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cheats caramel coffee syrup

So this morning I decided to at last try to make some caramel coffee syrup. I really needed a coffee and I was out. Perfect synergy I thought. Then my computer went into meltdown far half an hour and I couldn't find any of the recipes I had previously located that were quick and simple.

Then I decided to look on my phone instead and I still didn't find the original ideas.

I was lucky and found a simpler recipe that added caramel syrup. I don't even know the difference between caramel syrup and caramel coffee syrup so that was out. What I did have was some caramel ice-cream topping left over from our annual Christmas party Make-Your-Own Sundae bar. (Why do I even bother to buy caramel and strawberry topping every year when only one kid ever uses them and all the others go straight for the chocolate? Someone remind me next year. Anyway...)

So while I still plan to make a proper version here is my cheats recipe. I don't think it tastes as good but it cost me a cup of sugar and some left over topping that would have been tossed so with that in mind it is not a bad cheat.

I have a espresso machine so I added it to my cappuccino and it was fine. It wasn't life altering but it was fine. I'll make the real deal later in the week and compare. The real deal uses vanilla beans and so will be certainly more expensive per serve but that's fine with me if it delivers.

Cheats Caramel Coffee Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup caramel topping

1. Combine sugar and water in a small sauce-pan and stir constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.

2. Carefully (don't splash yourself) add topping and stir until combined. Cool and add to coffee.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for every other informative site. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
    My Cheats

    ReplyDelete